Kids are the focus of joy and activity! Parents like to make plans and perspectives, watching their charming baby grow into a mischievous child and, gradually, into a sociable, enthusiastic student. However, it may happen that your baby is not very sociable, avoiding social events and prone to loneliness. Many children are shy and exhibit the features of introverts. If your child shows the characteristics of such personality traits, you should not worry about it. To tactfully cope with this situation, you need only a little understanding and acceptance.
- Talk to your child. The shyness of many children often develops due to some deep problems, most of which arise in the family. However, in older children, shyness may be the result of several other problems.
Violence (perhaps even sexual), divorce of parents, fights, quarrels and verbal abuse, as a rule, make children timid and shy. Make every effort to protect your child from such causes.
- Show empathy. There is a difference between empathy and conscious empathy (empathy), so make sure that you do not confuse these concepts. Sympathizing with your baby, you make them feel even more ashamed of themselves, as a result of which they become even more timid and shy.
- In all situations, avoid judgmental behavior.
- Empathize with the child and explain to him that he is a wonderful person.
- Tell your baby that he should not be upset about himself.
- Support all his achievements.
- Constantly tell your child why you consider him the best child in the world.
- Discover the strengths of the child. Many children tend to be shy because of lack of motivation and self-confidence. The inclinations of each child are individual. Find out what your child likes most and encourage him to do this.ons and interest groups, the development of talent;
- Encourage child interaction with peers. One of the best ways to help a child open up and speak out is to facilitate his interaction with peers.Invite a few kindergarten friends, classmates, or cousins to visit. Try to put children in a position where your child will have to control the situation and exercise their authority. This will help your child to realize their own value, to open up and interact with other children.
- Do not spend too much time with the child. This is probably the biggest mistake in interacting with the child and raising them. It is especially important not to do this in public. If you constantly call a child shy, he will lose confidence in himself. Look for an example of situations in which the child coped with his shyness.
Five tips for helping a shy child
It is important to understand that shyness is a personality trait, not a fault or a flaw. The good news is that over time, your child is likely to overcome their shyness. However, you can help him develop self-confidence and become more sociable.
TBy following these tips, you will help your child develop self-confidence, interact with other children, and enjoy the best years of your life. Take a more active part in the various activities of your child, because this is a great way to help him overcome shyness and strengthen your relationship.
If you would like to read some more blogs from this author please click on the links below.
Until next time …
Kelly PisaniClick here to email this post to yourself or a friend